2 important dates for your diary:
· EGM: October 6th Arc, GCU.
· AGM: October 22nd Committee Room 9
Proposed changes to Committee Roles – Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) – Thursday October 6th
GFR invite you to attend an EGM to decide whether GFR should establish several new committee roles. This meeting will be held post-run on October 6th, 8pm, GCU Arc.
At the meeting we will ask members to vote on whether they wish to uphold these changes.
If the amendments are upheld this will permit members to stand for election to these roles. The Election will be held at the Club’s Annual General Meeting, on October 22nd (see below).
What are the changes?
Currently, the GFR Committee is composed of 8 members: President, Secretary, Treasurer, Run Secretary, Communications Officer, Social Secretary, and up to four Ordinary Members.
To promote equality it is suggested that we have clearly defined committee roles responsible for representing male, female, and trans members, as well as a Welfare Officer.
In addition, we recommend establishing an Events Organiser role who will coordinate GFR events, such as OUTrun, Red and Rainbow Runs which will ease the burden currently placed on existing committee members with already busy roles.
Ahead of the EGM we invite members to consider removing the role of Ordinary Members, who currently have no specified portfolio, and adding the following roles:
· 3 Running Captains for Men, Women, & Trans members: Captains would be responsible for representing running issues on the committee; liaising with the Run Secretary in planning training programmes/schedules; drawing up the annual Race Calendar; recruiting new members; assisting in organising club race events; organising club kit for members.
· Events Organizer: To lead on planning and organising club events such as OUTrun, Red Run, and Rainbow Run; Coordinating discussion with relevant parties (sponsors, venues, local authorities etc); Encouraging participation and support from members to help stage these events.
· Welfare Officer: To provide support to members on all matters relating to welfare, safety, and well-being; to promote safety to all members; ensure compliance with Scottish Athletics Welfare Policy; to establish and maintain complaints procedures.
Please send comments/feedback ahead of the EGM here.
Or email: Secretary@glasgowfrontrunners.org.
We encourage all members to get involved in the discussion and attend the meeting on October 6th.
Date for your Diary: The Annual General Meeting & End of Year Awards Night
This year’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) and End of Year Awards Night is on October 22nd Committee Room 9.
AGM: All fully paid members are entitled to attend and vote at this meeting. The meeting will begin at 6.30pm.
At the AGM:
· The Club President will present the Annual Report
· The Club Treasurer will present a financial summary to members
· Members will approve the annual Membership & Guest Fee
· Members will elect the next committee
Our Annual End Of Year Awards party will be from 8pm till late and is open to all members and friends. More details will follow soon.
The GFR Committee