Want to serve on the GFR committee?
October 6th, 2016
GFR is run entirely by volunteers. Decisions are made by an annually elected committee voted in at the AGM. This year’s AGM is at 6.30 pm on October 22nd in Committee Room 9.
If you would like to serve on the next GFR committee::
- Register your intention to stand by October 17th, 12 noon by contacting Club Secretary, David Cherry, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make it clear which position you wish to stand for (see below for full list). If more than one member stands for a role you will be asked to write a short statement on why you would like to be elected to the role.
- A list of candidates standing for election and any supporting statements will be published ahead of the election.
- The committee will be elected at the AGM on October 22nd at 6.30pm, Committee Room 9.
- All members are eligible to vote who have fully completed registration by 15th October. Members must be present to vote.
All Committee members should:
- Be responsible for the governance and strategic development of the club
- Be responsible for organising club run sessions
- Welcome and support runners of all abilities
- Regularly attend Club runs, social events and races
- Adhere to club Policies and Procedures
President (Jason Bohan – standing for re-election)
- Be accountable, with other officers, for governance of the Club
- Manage the strategic development of the Club
- Lead implementation of the Club’s aims
- Create and support initiatives to foster a friendly Club atmosphere
- Establish links with other FrontRunner and wider running community
- Ensure fiscal governance
- Chair committee meetings, or authorise proxy
- Lead and manage committee members’ work
- Support members who take responsibility for Club activities
- Keep up to date with governance in sports generally
- Report to the AGM
Club Secretary (David Cherry – standing down)
- Service committee meetings (agenda, minutes, papers, etc)
- Service the AGM and any EGMs (agenda, minutes, papers, elections)
- Maintain the Club constitution, policies and procedures
- Maintain the Club membership and attendance records
- Act as official Club contact for correspondence/enquiries
Run Secretary (Richard Allwood – standing down)
- Organise monthly Jog Leader rota
- Plan training sessions for the group and manage the provision of individual training plans for members
- Manage training routes, providing reports on the successes of these to the committee
- Ensure a suitably qualified coaching team, organise succession planning, and provide access to relevant Scottish Athletics qualifications
- Liaise with Captains the calendar of races and results, communicating this to the committee and members
- Liaising with Running Events Organizer and Captains to organise club races
- Convene Jog Leaders Meetings
Treasurer (Gerard Wallace – standing for re-election)
- Be responsible for financial governance, including statutory and management accounting reporting (maintaining appropriate accounting records, reporting actual performance and forecasts/business plans to committee and AGM, as appropriate)
- Be responsible for compliance with UK taxation requirements
- Manage the bank account and cash-flow to minimise bank charges
- Be responsible for timely payment of all expenses, including ensuring compliance with delegated authorities as stipulated in Constitution
- Be responsible for ad hoc financial involvement with sponsorship and funding applications
Communications Officer (Tahnee Conn – standing down)
- Liaising with other members the communications officer will be responsible for updating website content, publications of blogs, newsletter, press releases and announcements on Facebook and Twitter
- Be responsible for robust and prudent web-hosting arrangements and for Club ownership of the domain name (www.glasgowfrontrunners.org)
- Keep abreast of new electronic social networking options for promoting the Club
- Update Club details with other groups that display GFR web links
Social Events Organiser (Jimmy Cheng – standing for re-election)
- Organise Club social events
- Arrange hosts for exchange visits with other groups
- Establish links with other sports clubs for possible activities
- Arrange travel and accommodation for group events
Ordinary Members: Currently James Watson, David Hunter, Steven McCarley. (Standing down).
- Duties are varied and determined by what is required. Over the past year our OM have taken responsibility for kit order/sales, social media, events organisers.
New Roles for 2016-17 are:
Mens, Womens, & Trans Captains
- These 3 captains will be responsible for representing running issues on the committee; liaising with the Run Secretary in planning training programmes/schedules; drawing up the annual Race Calendar; recruiting new members; assisting in organising club race events; organising club kit for members.
Running Events Organizer:
- To lead on planning and organising club events such as OUTrun, Red Run, and Rainbow Run; Coordinating discussion with relevant parties (sponsors, venues, local authorities etc); Encouraging participation and support from members to help stage these events.
- To provide support to members on all matters relating to welfare, safety, and well-being; to promote safety to all members; ensure compliance with Scottish Athletics Welfare Policy; to establish and maintain complaints procedures.